Sunday, March 12, 2006

Vines!

"I am the Vine, you are the branches ...."
Yesterday the spring weather motivated me
to go out and tackle the job of cutting down the grapevines from my arbor (I'm
tired of doing battle with the Japanese beetles over them). A new aspect of this Bible verse came to mind as I was struggling to pull down the vines. There were two
main vines that were cut off at the base and yet I worked and worked to pull
down the many intertwined vines. The strength with which they held each other together was amazing! We are those branches-- all of us who are friends and family
in the Lord hold each other together with amazing strength --- thanks all you
fellow branches!
Thank you Jesus for being our Vine!

4 Comments:

At 7:16 AM, Blogger Pam said...

Sorry for the formatting-- I need some lessons--I also tried to post a picture--that didn't work either. I'm learning!

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger andrew! said...

way to go, ma! looks good!

 
At 9:43 PM, Blogger Heidi said...

For mom and Joyce, I tried entering the picture from my first birthday in my profile... lets see if it comes up on this comment,

 
At 11:48 PM, Blogger Mrs. Patterson said...

My first look at your Mom's blog and a first look after a very long time at the dress you wore on your first birthday. This is too fun, now I can't go to bed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home