Monday, April 03, 2006

Tornadoes and Palm Sunday

With Palm Sunday coming up and news of tornadoes in the midwest, I was reminded of news events in our community 41 Palm Sundays ago. Like many people that night we had tornadoes come through our community killing 5 people in our town. My family slept through it all. It happened at about 11:15 at night when my family had all gone to bed. The next morning I woke up and looking out my window thought, "That's strange. How come I can't see the Tehoke's barn?" The tornado ripped off our front steps knocked a tree down in our front yard, totally demolished two of our neighbor's barns and we slept through it!
School was called off the next day and later we went out to survey the damage. Unbelievable. One of my classmates had an article written about him in "Time" or "Newsweek". Danny was picked up in his bed and put down 1/4 mi. away--no injuries. Another man got out of bed and 2 seconds later a tractor came crashing down into his bed. Another couple had a chimney crash down between them.
My prayers are with the people impacted by the tornadoes in the past few weeks and for all of us to be protected and safe this tornado season.

1 Comments:

At 9:56 PM, Blogger Mrs. Patterson said...

My dad still talks about that Palm Sunday. If you had told me those stories before, I had forgotten.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home