Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Dupiani Silk and Paul Newman's Tom Sawyer

Yesterday afternoon, I had two goals: to get started on the flower girl dresses I said I'd sew for Emily's girls and listen to "Adventures of Tom Sawyer" (book on CD)-- I have a student that needs to read and listen at the same time. I thoroughly enjoyed Paul's reading of the book and listened while I worked. Then I get to the end where it gives the credits--it's the abridged version (nowhere on the cover does it say that)--back to the library to see if the cassette version is unabridged!

Has anyone ever worked with dupiani (sp?) silk? Joyce--you're my textile expert. When we bought it and asked the cutter at Joann's about getting the wrinkles out--she very indignantly said, "Well, you can't iron it!" So here I am trying to make two little girl's dresses without pressing seams, etc., and of course the skirt has a fold line down the middle.

Nor more news on Bob and Emily's house purchase except that they counteroffered the counteroffer. More to come ...

Have a great day everyone!

2 Comments:

At 10:48 AM, Blogger Heidi said...

I think its dupioni. Good Luck!

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger Mrs. Patterson said...

As you well know from our phone conversation, I'm no help with the dupioni. Persevere, they'll be gorgeous.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home