Thursday, May 18, 2006

A Trusting Husband

Last night in our rush to get the lawn mowed before it rained again, Tom and I were both mowing. Tom actually trusted me to try out the big mower. Two years ago when we first bought our big zero-degree turning mower (whatever it's called), I got on to try it out. Not being used to the two side handle steering and acceleration whatchamacallit, I promptly ran into the clothesline pole. Dear Tom did not holler, did not scold, and has not told people about my blunder. And last night, he even trusted me to mow with it. Mind you, I was in the great big field next to our property without a clothesline or tree around, but even so he trusted me. He did however warn me not to go anywhere near the big ditch. I actually got the hang of it after a few wobbly rows and tentative turns. Nevertheless, I think I'll stick to my slow, trusty, wide turning John Deere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home