Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Grandparenthood!

Because this is the 4th anniversary of my grandparenthood and it looks like the beginning of Joyce's, I decided to rejoyce in being a "Grammy" this morning!

There are so many cliches about it that I could share that are all true: you get to love them, enjoy them, and send them home; you get to chuckle at the struggles that you went through with their parents and now see them go through; they are the joy of your life; the time goes sooooo fast! All of those things are true!

But the real truth of grandparenthood is that it can't adequately be described in words. I wanted to say some very profound words about it this morning--and I can't! I can just praise God for the joy and privilege of being a grandmother and get tears in my eyes thinking about each of my 5 special blessings, and look forward to the 6th! And then Heidi posts Andy's poem and I get all sappy again!

Joyce, I am so excited for Sam and Kristie, but I'm thrilled for you and Mark--that you will get to experience this thing called grandparenthood. There is absolutely no feeling like it in the world!! I hope today is the day!

By the way, has it been decided? By what grandparently names will you be called?

1 Comments:

At 8:17 AM, Blogger Mrs. Patterson said...

Grandmother Patterson and Grandfather Patterson. (just kidding, Mark says he'd like Grandpa and Grandma, just normal stuff. I have no preference whatsoever.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home