Thursday, April 13, 2006

Sinister Minister

No, I'm not describing my husband. This is a long story that I probably only half remember, but here goes. Many of you know that my twin sister is a horse person--big time. She raises thoroughbred horses as a not-so lucrative business. For years I've listened to her go in great detail about many things about horses. This story has my interest. She used to have a race horse named "Sweet Minister". Sweet Minister was sold after she had some babies at Pat's farm. Then she had the opportunity to "shack up" (I'm not sure of the correct term) with another talented former race horse. They had baby horse "Sinister Minister". Sinister Minister is showing wonderful promise as a race horse, has been trained by a famous trainer, and will be running in the Bluegrass Stakes (or something like that) this Saturday at 5:21. If he does well he could go on to the Kentucky Derby. The Bluegrass Stakes will be televised on ABC between 5 and 6 this Saturday. Pat is very excited and will be making a trip down to Kentucky for the race. Even though Sinister Minister is not her horse, if he does well that could make the sibling(s) that she owns more valuable. The bad news is that Pat won't be coming up for Easter. The "sinister minister" and his "sweet minister" wife at my house will be watching and rooting.

2 Comments:

At 12:15 PM, Blogger Mrs. Patterson said...

Thanks for the tip. That's exciting.

 
At 12:54 AM, Blogger Mrs. Patterson said...

Well, I forgot to watch. Between five and six I think I was talking to Amy while she was dying our eggs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home