Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Baby Birds


Last evening, the McClelland children and their Mom were over. We had a grand time. We picked our first strawberries --- about 8 of them. (Avery sat on the step and ate 6 of them.) We went for tractor and wagon rides. Grampy made a cardboard train out of a big box. And my favorite thing--we went on a home tour! Birds' homes that is. There's a nest in one of my hanging baskets-- not sure of what-- small white eggs (5 of them). We went to Tom's lean to where a robin has made a nest inside on the ladder that's being stored (4 eggs in there). Then to the deck where another robin has some baby birds already hatched, and finally under the balcony and on top of the shed- I couldn't fit my head in that spot to see what's in the nest. What a wonderful time with my "baby birds"!

3 Comments:

At 12:48 PM, Blogger Mrs. Patterson said...

Now that's something to blog about!!!

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger Heidi said...

Yes, we had a great time. All Quinn could talk about today was going to Grammys to play with his box train and count the eggs!

 
At 5:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww! Very cool. It's 5:30 and I'm up calling in sick to work. As I type, I hear lots of chirping!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home