Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Scherenschnitten


Watch how you say it! If I had a digital camera, I would post a picture of my own "scherenschnitten by schroeder". Late last night I scherenschnitted (scissor-cutted), mounted, and framed a tree (not much like the one in the picture). This was a retirement gift for my good friend at St. Paul. She's my age and decided to move on to something else besides teaching even though she has been an excellent one. Good for her! Jeremiah 17:8 was a perfect verse to go with the tree and to describe Susan. "He (she) will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit." I thank God for Susan who has never failed to bear fruit and who has helped so many children establish their roots by the streams of "Living Water". She'll be missed!

1 Comments:

At 9:29 AM, Blogger Mrs. Patterson said...

I've always wondered how it was spelled. Coincidentally, I too have a good friend retiring from teaching this year. Sadly, her father died last night. What a wonderful verse for us all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home