Thursday, July 06, 2006

Number "One and Only" Son

How could I neglect blogging about my "one and only" son on his birthday! Sorry, bubs! I know how it happened--I'm a day by day (like Heidi) thinker and I spent the day with Ella and that was on my brain.

My memories of Andy's birth. He was my easiest birth! He came 3 days early. He was almost born on July 2nd - 4 minutes after midnight! I remember the dr. talking about his glasses during the c-section--saying, "These glasses from K-mart work pretty well." You were the only one whose actual birth your dad got to witness. I remember wheeling Heidi and Emily in my wheelchair down to the nursery to get their first look at you! I remember seeing Kathy Davis laboring in the hospital with Stephanie while we were there (who would know you would be special friends for so many years?) We brought you home the day of Waltz's homecoming parade and you slept through the loud sirens of the fire engines.

I could go on and on with memories of your childhood, young adulthood, etc. But I'll just end this with how proud I am of the loving, easygoing, caring, funny, honest person that you have become!

Happy late birthday--but day that you were due anniversary! I love you!

1 Comments:

At 4:14 PM, Blogger Mrs. Patterson said...

I knew it was in the wee hours. Talk about an easy going guy, that's Andy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home