Monday, June 26, 2006

Does my summer break begin today??


This morning was the first morning of my summer break that I could have slept in--but I woke up at 5:36. Go figure! And like Ron, I have a wacky back this morning. Mine's in my upper back (feels like a rib is out). It may be the prospect of the mess of pea pods waiting to be picked and shelled in my garden. Last summer I vowed not to plant peas anymore after the repetitive motion of shelling them injured my shoulder and I had to undergo therapy for 8 weeks. What a wimp! But, Tom, evidently was unaware of my vow and planted two rows. Do you think he'll shell them? Not!

Well, here's my procrastination plan--check my blogs, water my sod, go to MI District Convention to man the LSEM booth for 2 hours, go to Quinn's dr. appt to watch the girls while Quinn's getting his check-up--by then it might be raining and I can postpone until tomorrow when it's supposed to rain again--the forecast is for all week. By Saturday when the weather is nicer the peas will be too far along and it will be a waste of time to pick and pod them. How's that?

If anyone is really hungry for fresh garden peas they're welcome to come pick and pod at my place!

1 Comments:

At 6:35 AM, Blogger Mrs. Patterson said...

Stick with your plan. Frozen or canned peas taste pretty good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home